Sunday, April 27, 2008

Who is who on nonoba? (Robbit)

Darcie was able to get a interview with Robbit who made the game Continue which has left many of us nonobians banging there computer screen in frustation and for the rest of us it was a nice and clever game.
Q: Question by Darcie
A: Answer by Robbit

Robbit's Background: He's not an admin, he's not a mod but he's still Robbit! A force to be
reckoned with. Despite only being 14 Robbit has succesfully created one of the most unique games on Nonoba, really a whole bunch of minigames packed into one, Continue. Some of his likes are LOST, music, and making games. Some of his dislikes are carrots, rain, and the German language.

Interview with Robbit

Q: How long have you been making games?
A:I think I started making games using Game Maker around 2 years ago. 3 months ago i started using flash because it is much easier to publish a game that way.

Q: Do you plan on making any new games??
A: I sure do. I already started making sketches for a new game, wich will be a point-and-click adventure. The problem is that flash has a much harder programming language than Game maker, which I'm used too.

Q: What is the most common question people ask you about Continue?
A: Well, most of the time, they ask for help because they're stuck somewhere. It's a relief that NCYHN made a guide for continue, so there won't be 5 questions a day. Also there are some people asking if I'm going to expand continue even more, but I won't.

Q: What do you find to be the most IRRITATING question people ask?
A: There still are people asking me for help, while the link to the NCYHN guide is in the games description. (maybe I should put in the game itself too...). Besides that, there are people asking me random questions, like "How do I make a game??? pl0x help me!!!"

Q: What is your favorite/least favorite thing about Nonoba?
A: The thing that I like about nonoba is that you're completely free to upload your games, and gain feedback about them. (you can't post comments on kongregate ). It's a perfect place for beginning game makers to "grow up".


Q: What would you like to see more of on Nonoba?
A: I really miss control over your own game page. People can post every spoiler they want, and the only thing you can do is mark it as spam. There are people spoiling the way too the secret room, and the only thing i can do about it is remove the achievement or erase/change the spoiled way. I think you should be able to delete comments on your own profile and game pages.


This was are first Who is Who where we will interview imporant and well known people on nonoba.

More to come soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"which has left many ofnonobians banging there computer screen in frustation"

heh ^^ I should left more people in this mood with the next game.

I really didn't expect being interviewed, thanks for the nice surprise :D